The Heritage Emergency National Task Force, sponsored by Heritage Preservation and the Federal Emergency Management Agency, provides resources for emergency preparedness focused on the needs of heritage organizations.
The Task Force’s website provides numerous free downloads and links to other helpful websites for risk management, planning for emergencies, preparing historic properties, funding, training staff and volunteers, tips for working with emergency responders, advocating for the need for emergency preparedness, and addressing preservation of personal and family treasures.
The task force recognizes the unique needs of the cultural heritage field and its initiatives address some of these concerns.
- Resource networks through the Alliance for Response
- Risk Evaluation and Planning Program (REPP)
- Preparing to Preserve – Action plan for integrating historic preservation into emergency preparedness
- Getting Ready in Indian Country emergency preparedness for tribal sites
- Heritage Preservation Heritage Emergency National Task Force