Interested in bringing more traffic to your digital collections? Want to participate with other great presidential sites and libraries to reach more people?
Come and hear about Connecting Presidential Collections, a website that provides users one place to search across presidential resources.
In this general session from the 2014 Presidential Sites and Libraries Conference, session chair Sheila Blackford, The Miller Center at UVA and panelists Michael D. Greco, Matthew Stephes, and Amber Latigar Reichert, The Miller Center at UVA will discuss this IMLS-funded project by highlighting the participating partners and discussing future collaboration opportunities. The session will also detail the metadata aggregation and the map the road forward.
Key Takeaway Messages:
- It’s free but will require your participation and involvement.
- We are here to help and want to work with you to make presidential collections more discoverable.
- We want to encourage traffic to your web presence: we are using your metadata to link users to your digital collection on your website.
- Our key goals are to facilitate cross-collection research and to help organizations showcase their wonderful (but sometimes hidden) materials.
Session presenters pose the following questions to the audience:
- What are the barriers that your organization faces in making your collections available?
- What are the skills, tools, and resources that you need to make more of your collection digital or to make your digital collections more discoverable?
- We would love to hear more from you. Please take our survey to tell us more about your organization.
Connecting Presidential Collections site, http://presidentialcollections.org/
Connecting Presidential Collections blog, http://presidentialcollections.wordpress.com/
CPC on Twitter: http://twitter.com/pres_collection
Email with any questions or concerns at email@example.com.